Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a 20 year old double oven with convection on top. light

Customer Question

Have a 20 year old double oven with convection on top. light bulb went out and broke off trying to replace it. long nose pliers used to try to get the base out and ..... a electrical POP happened when it finally came out.... then F1 ... blinking lights on both sides of the instrument panel... pushed any button and they would go off for about 5-6 seconds ... a few times the lower oven door would lock... shut breaker off a few times and the oven just never "re-set" ... so doesn't work.... Whats the fix and how much? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! When you used the pliers to get the broken bulb out, the socket would have been energized because the door was open. The pop was d direct short between the line voltage to the socket and ground, damaging the circuit on the oven control. The oven control will need to be replaced.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?