Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

My samsung gas range is locked by mistake. How can I unlock

Customer Question

My samsung gas range is locked by mistake. How can I unlock the door?
I do not have the manual with me. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Since the self clean was started by mistake hitting cancel should stop the self clean cycle. If the self clean has been on for awhile, the oven door will not unlock until the oven cools down. This is for safety and cannot be bypassed. Unplugging the range and plugging it back in or resetting the house circuit breaker will reset the range control but the door still will not open if the oven is above 550 degrees. Hitting cancel on the control panel is best to try first.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still don't get what you arr saying.
The touch screen is frozen.

When you push a button (touch screen)does the display say LOC or LOCK? Please get me your model number so I can assist you better. The model number should be on the left side on the frame visible when you open the pan drawer.

On some Samsung models, holding in the start button for 5 seconds may unlock it.

Try unplugging the range and plugging the range back in or you could shut off your house circuit breaker and wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on. . This should reset the control.