John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE Monogram refrigerator m/n zfsb23dxss has a problem

Customer Question

My GE Monogram refrigerator m/n zfsb23dxss has a problem with condensation in refrigerator and eventually causes mold to develop. Set temp is 37 F but actual tends to be a bit higher. We are in the dessert, so humidity is low. Condensate tends to develop on wall between freezer and refrigerator. What to do? Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

Do you have it set to energy saver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No There is no energy saver on this model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? Any recommendations?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Where is this condensation forming at ?

Is it on the interior wall of the fresh food section ,or on the front cabinet divider of the fresh food and freezer section?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read my question

I did read it the only thing it says to answer my question is (condensation in refrigerator) but that still does not answer my question .

What are you calling the refrigerator ? the entire unit is a refrigerator , of are you saying the fresh food section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The condensate develops in the fresh food section, that I call the refrigerator, on the wall that is next to the freezer section. Looking at the side-by-side from the front, the fresh food is on the right, freezer on the left. When I open the fresh food door, the panel on the left has condensate.

Ok Great ,Thank you!

Ok lets look at the door gaskets ,make sure they are not ripped ,torn or wrinkled so as to allow warm air into the fresh food section.

Also open Both freezer and fresh food doors about 1/4 of the way from fully opened and let go of them ,make sure both go closed by themselves.

And do you have any open containers in the fresh food section that are holding liquid in them?