Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have replaced the heating assembly, motor blower assembly

Customer Question

I have replaced the heating assembly, motor blower assembly and the control board but it still doesn't heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.Have you checked the thermal fuse on the blower housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new, replaced whole assy as well as the whole heating assembly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just rechecked all connections, all are tight and secure

Is the thermal fuse good though

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse checks out good

Are all the high limit thermostats on the heater housing good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all check out fine

Ok can you get to the heater relay on the board? If so unplug the unit, then unplug the 2 large wires off the relay..connect them together with a jumper and plug it back in and start the machine...does it heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try it

ok sounds good that would bypass the board to apply power right to the heater circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had an appliance repair guy come , bad wiring harness.

Yep odd issue sounds good.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not helpful, I had already checked everything that the technicians told me to check, I do want a refund

This morning you told me you would try it and never said you had a tech coming out...I wish you would have just told me that as it was just a waste of time. Take care.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Typically, when a wiring harness fails, it is due to a high current draw unless there is physical damage. Once the technician replaces the wiring harness, I would make sure he tests the components for a high current draw while running.