Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer front make noise like bearing when spin, a need

Customer Question

washer front
make noise like bearing when spin, a need estimate price repair
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately replacing the bearing is incredibly expensive because you can't just replace the bearing. You must replace the entire rear outer tub which has the bearing built into it as well as the entire inner stainless steel basket which has the stainless steel shaft that goes through the bearing since both will be damaged. The cost of replacing these parts is usually about $600-650 with trip and labor, so it's a very expensive repair and only about 50% of my customers ever go through with the repair.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.