Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher won't reset - it's cycling through the "delay"

Customer Question

dishwasher won't reset - it's cycling through the "delay" options (1 hr, 2 hr, 3 hr etc) but the reset button won't do anything, and we can't get the normal cycle to start. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If it's cycling through the delay options, it means you have a stuck button. This isn't something you can just reset most of the time, you'll need to order and replace the touch control panel most likely. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer and rub the delay button with your thumb to see if you can un-stick it. If it doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the touchpad to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.