Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is there a danger when fan does't work on Maytag ovens

Customer Question

Is there a danger when fan does't work on Maytag ovens CWE5800ACE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is certainly a danger if the fan isn't running. The fan is the cooling fan to keep cool air running around the bottom, back, and top of the oven so the cabinets in your house where the oven is built into doesn't get to hot and possibly catch on fire. The fan also cools the electronics down so if the fan isn't running most likely the electronics will overheat and short out first---but if that doesn't happen your cabinets could get too hot especially in a self clean cycle or something that gets the oven really hot.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?