Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frigidaire refrigerator with a light in the labored

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire refrigerator with a light in the labored rear Ann two on the top. The bot***** *****ght works fine but the top two do not light. Replaced bulbs but did not work. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the top light wont turn on and you're sure the bulb is good, then you either have a bad door switch or the light socket has failed. First, make sure the bulb is screwed in as far as it will go. if so, you'd need to take the back panel out of the freezer and with a multimeter, test power between the 2 wires going to the socket. If you don't have 110 volts between the 2 wires, you need to replace the light switch around the front frame of the freezer. If you are getting 110 volts between the 2 wires and the bulbs are good, then the light socket would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for light socket

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?