Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you replace the belt on the amana ngd7200tw

Customer Question

how do you replace the belt on the amana ngd7200tw
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So getting into the dryer is obviously the hardest part of replacing the belt. The part number for the belt you'll need to order is W10205415. It sounds like you already remove the top panel, the control panel, and the front panel so you've done all the hard work. Now you just need to look the belt around the drum. Reach under the drum, lift the tensioner pulling up, and then run BOTH sides of the belt under the tension pulley and the end loop on the belt loops around the motor pulley. The rubber ribs on the belt should be touching the motor pulley. At time stamp 2:45 on the video below, it shows you how to route the belt. This dryer for Amana was actually built by Samsung which is why disassembly and everything is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?