Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am having problems with my refeigerator cooling.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Samsung RS2530BBP/XAA refrigerator. The compressor is running, but the air flow is not keeping up to keep the temperature down.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the fans are running and the compressor is running but no cold air is being produced, you have a sealed system issue, likely a leak of the refrigerant. Are you able to remove the inside panel at the back of the freezer to expose the evaporator coil? Can you post a picture of what you see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the panel cover removed, but I cannot take a picture, as I am at work. It does seem that perhaps there may be some sort of oil on the bottom, around the compressor.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the sealed system likely has a leak. This repair will be expensive and will be something you will need to have professionally done. You can expect the cost to be about $3-400 + parts.