Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HOW DO I TIGHTEN MY FRIDGE DOOR HANDLE AMANA MODEL#

Customer Question

HOW DO I TIGHTEN MY FRIDGE DOOR HANDLE FOR AN AMANA MODEL# *****?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you must remove the handle first and then tighten the mounting bolt before re-installing the handle again. To remove the handle, you need to grab the handle and jerk very quickly and very firmly (a lot of force) straight up on the refrigerator handle. Then the handle should unclip and remove. The freezer handle you yank to the left (sometimes the right if the installer put it on backwards). Either way, removing the handle is really the only tricky part since you won't know how to do it unless you are told how.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?