John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kitchenaid gas range model ykgrt607hs4 - i spilled water and

Customer Question

Kitchenaid gas range model ykgrt607hs4 - i spilled water and put out the oven burner the electrics immediately shut down ( yesterday) and i would now like to turn the stove back on ( its dry now) - is there a reset button ? The breaker on my electric panel isn't tripped.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

Have you tried to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in? If nothing happens at all the water may have shorted a component causing the dead issue. There is no reset for this. Let me know what happens.