Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpooll Oven Model RF385PXGPXG OR RF386PXG ELEC.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpooll Oven Model RF385PXGPXG OR RF386PXG ELEC. OVEN and I can not keep the oven door hinges open to reinsert them to the range they keep springing shut before I can get them inserted on the pins can you help me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you must lock the hinges out in order to re-install the door. To lock out the hinges you must force the hinges open as far as they will go and a small hole will appear right at the pivot joint of the hinge. Stick a small screw through this hole on each hinge and that locks the hinges out. Then you can re-install the door at about a 45 degree angle. Open the door completely and then remove the screws and the door will then open and close fully.

I attached a picture where I drew an arrow to the hole so you know where to look on the hinge.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?