Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why won't the spin cycle work on my washer?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer timer stops right before the drain/spin cycle and it won't spin on and drain the water, it means that your washer thinks the lid is open. It won't go through spin for safety reasons so you'll need to order and replace the lid switch. Below is a link to the lid switch as well as a video that shows you how to replace it if you'd like to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for part

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?