Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Chas, Our Maytag MDB6769 will not drain during the regular

Customer Question

Chas,
Our Maytag MDB6769 will not drain during the regular cycle. So we then push Cancel (drain) and the water drains out so it doesn't seem to be a clogged hose.???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The cancel/drain cycle does have a longer drain cycle so you could have a partial drain clog, but if the hose is definitely not clogged the only other possibility would be a bad control board which isn't activating the drain pump during the regular cycle like it's supposed to. You'll need to order and replace the control board itself to fix that issue. The part number for the control board is W10595568 and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?