Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Samsung Elec. dryer and get an error code of power

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Elec. dryer and get an error code of power interruption I replaced both panel boards and still get the same thing. power source is good its model number DV448AEp/XAA
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most times the dryer turns off with power interruption code and resets and runs for a little while and sometimes it keeps running and the only way to turn it off is to unplug unit from wall when that happens the cloths get extremely hot
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

You have a bad main control board, capacitors in the board are prob faulty lowering voltage. Also it sounds like the relay may be sticking at times causing the unit to run constantly. I would say you could have a wiring issue but the fact that sometimes it never stops running is definitely the main control board.

Part #: DC92-00123A I have linked you to the part as sears but you may find one cheaper on ebay or amazon.

Please take into consideration we are on the honor system for out time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

befor you leave. We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after

a good star rating is chosen. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site

for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up

questions. TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay bought used board on Amazon installed nothing powered up so sent used back and bought brand new board and I have the same problem no power to operating panel test voltage reads good at plug and at dryer however I only get 50 volts to the relay black wire. when I install old power board I get power to the operating panel and dryer turns on. Shouldn't I be reading 120v at relay black wire please let me know

yes you should have 120 volts to the black wire then after the power is started and relay clicks should have 120 volts through brown wire that goes to belt the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what is my next move to check?

have you checked the door switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Test good for continuity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering why old board can still turn on at panels and run dryer yet the 2 replacement boards display nothing and are dead at control panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tested belt switch continuity was good there as well all sensors on heating element tested God as well is there any other test points before I put back together again motor tests perhaps and if so how do I check that

I am at a loss on this one, maybe another tech can be of more help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help thus far. I look foward to hearing from someone else soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't heard from anyone please help thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel I still am needing help what do you recommend no one has contacted me and I was really hoping to be able to fix this. Thanks again