Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a kenmore 417.41042000 front load washer. final spin

Customer Question

have a kenmore 417.41042000 front load washer. final spin started to not work maybe 4 loads ago. Same tonight.Took out clothes. Tried regular cycle now nothing.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pump was working and here hum of motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shocks good. Shows door closed and wont let you open till time out. latch problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shake into tub and moved outer tub.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
inner
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

More than likely the door lock has failed. If the unit tumbles during agitate and pumps out fine and just does not spin replace the door latch, the spin enable switch is bad on it.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean more than likely? Is there a way to test the switch? Did you read my problem correctly? First it was only spin not working. Now nothing works. No part of cycle working.

The unit does not even fill?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fills, doesn't agitate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to test door latch?

Does the door lock?