AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

Have a Maytag dishwasher - dden Control w/ Tough Scrub

Customer Question

Hi
Have a Maytag dishwasher - Hidden Control w/ Tough Scrub MDB8949SBM purchased in 2014
The start button is flashing continually and the dishwasher will not run. Tried shutting off power for a minute and did not change the behavior. Any other steps to troubleshoot or solve would be appreciated.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

The start button flashing is an indication the door switch is not making contact with the door or it is bad.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just received notice from American Express that a charge for $23 was attempted from JustAsk, the website says it is a $5 to ask a question. Why the discrepancy? The answer you gave may be helpful but does not tell me how to correct further troubleshoot or correct the problem

You would need to contact customer service, I do not handle that part. You can test the door switch with a multimeter for continuity to see if it is good or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy with the deceptive pricing on the website. I used the site before and made payment for a helpful answer. The attempted Amex charge was not what is advertised and I may refuse payment on my other credit card.

I am sorry that has happened. Please contact customer service to resolve it.