John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just ran over a thin cord with our Miele C3 and tried to

Customer Question

Hi, I just ran over a thin cord with our Miele C3 and tried to quickly turn it off. It went off and no problem getting the cord our as it wasn't that long. BUT, now the on/off switch doesn't turn the light on and the unit doesn't work on the carpet. What do I do? Is this totally ruined? We just got it a month or so ago. I'm sick. Thank you, Debra
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

This can be repaired, but I would recommend having it taken or sent to a repair. Where do you live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tiburon, CA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? This is not the answer I expected...not sure what the point is since it's just saying take it to a repair center. So where is one?

Well if you are handy you can take it apart to get it repaired, since it is so new they will likely cover it for you under warranty is all. What would you like to do?