Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Thermador prse486gls sn 98080090F and the ignition

Customer Question

I have a Thermador prse486gls sn 98080090F and the ignition plugs click by there own. I have to throw the main breaker to stop it. CAUSE???JIM
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a common problem and you can continue using the oven for now, but it won't stop clicking until everything dries out *hopefully*. Right now one or more of the switches is wet or has failed so it thinks you're trying to light the burner all the time even though that isn't the case. If one of the switches is wet, once the oven dries out it should stop clicking but if not, then the spark switch that got wet would need to be replaced. In the mean time, just unplug the unit for 24 hours or flip the breaker of for 24 hours and allow it to dry out just in case a switch got wet. If that doesn't work, then the faulty burner switch would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?