Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Bosch dishwasher model 6805 replaced soap dispenser assembly

Customer Question

bosch dishwasher model 6805 replaced soap dispenser assembly and soap dispenser still does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. If you are using the cubes they not wok with most Bosch dispensers. If you are using the cubes, do not use the dispenser just put the cubes or packets in the bottom of the dishwasher before you start it. If your dishwasher has a quick wash cycle this is the best cycle to test to see if the soap cup is opening or not. The cup should open within 5 minutes on the quick cycle. You should test it without soap. The other issue would be a bad control (most likely since the soap cup has been changed) or a bad wiring harness. If the control has been changed recently its possible the soap cup wires were hooked up to the wrong terminal on the control. Make sure there is not something obstructing the dispenser door causing it not to open.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.