Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We have a GE Dual Wave Microwave System Model JKP78OK3 BG

Customer Question

The microwave doesn't work but the oven does. Is there something we can do? Or is it repairable and if so what would that cost? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the problem is going to be on the high voltage side if the microwave doesn't work. If you can work on high voltage components like capacitors, diodes, HV transformers then you can fix it. If not, it's going to cost roughly $300 to fix.We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you