Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Whirlpool washer duet- started beeping today. error message

Customer Question

whirlpool washer duet- started beeping today. error message F3,E2. red door lock is illuminated and door is locked. wet towels inside.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the error code is a water temp error code. It usually indicates a faulty temp sensor. You need to ohm the sensor and sensor wires to see if the sensor is shorted or if a wire is broken.

Depending on the model you can remove the lower 12" of the front panel by removing the three screws along the bottom front edge. Other models require the entire front to be removed and others you can reach the emergency release from the top. Unplug the washer and remove the top. On the bottom of the lock is a round loop. Pull on the loop. That will at least get the clothes out for you. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you