Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher intake drain is flashing. The dishwasher

Customer Question

My dishwasher intake drain is flashing. The dishwasher starts, runs for a while, then stops. I had a technician look at it and he cleared a kink in the hose. Then it worked. Then it didn't. We noticed that when I had water in the sink, and the sink plugged, the dishwasher wouldn't drain. So I was careful to have the sink empty and clear when I was trying to run the dishwasher. then it worked. Then it didn't. I also tried unplugging it and rebooting it. Now the drain intake light is flashing again, and it won't run after about 5-10 minutes. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are three reasons that light flashes. The machine is having trouble filling, draining or the pressure in the wash motor is too low and the heater pressure switch is tripping. If it fills and drains okay, you probably have a partial obstruction in the water path, like a dirty filter, mineral deposits, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It begins to fill, and then it stops. It seems to stop at different points. Then it doesn't drain.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so you likely have a couple of different problems. You will need to first determine the reason it is not draining, usually the issue lies at the connection to the home's plumbing. Once it is able to drain, see if it will fill and continue through a cycle.