Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do i disassemble the dispenser on a kenmore elite

Customer Question

How do i disassemble the dispenser on a kenmore elite grab-n-go model(###) ###-#### I'm trying to replace the refrigerator spring part number mhy62644402.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ultimate problem that I am trying to solve is that the ice chute door is not opening and releasing ice.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pages from the service manual showing how the dispenser comes apart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly. I will try following the instructions this weekend.
Have you heard of this problem before? What part do you think is defective? Is there a solenoid that controls the opening and closing of the ice chute flap?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is a motor that opens that flapper. It is shown as 405A in the diagram at the link below. If you see nothing broken upon disassembly, that motor is probably faulty.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE