John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Some turned my freezer up to the maximum setting up to 9 and

Customer Question

Some turned my freezer up to the maximum setting up to 9 and the refridgerator has been running now for quite a while du you have any suggestions on what I might do.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be happy to answer your question. Is your freezer cooling properly? Are you concerned because t has been running too long? Please let me know your problem or question you have with your freezer. I will send you a offer for a live call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not shure how long the freezer has been running although everthing in the freezer is still quite frozen, I cut the temp. back but the fan just does not seem to cut off. However I did completely cut the frezzer off at approx. 11:15pm and as we speak it is still off please give me your suggestion as to what to do. This refrridgeerator is a side by side GE and is about 10 years old!

I will need the model number directly from the refrigerator. If the refrigerator/freezer runs too long it will not hurt it. Setting it at 9 will cause it run continuously but will not damage it. Some GE models with the control board in the back the evaporator fan will run even with the unit shut off at times. This is normal. The evaporator fan motor will run most of the time except for the defrost cycle. Is the unit cooling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # ***** ***** ( As stated I currently have the dial set to the ) or off setting )

If the unit was cooling before you shut it off you need to turn it back on. If the unit ran too long, it should continue to work fine at the desired setting. Some people have their freezer set at 9 without any issues. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I have had it turned off, when I turn it on should I set it at a lower setting I usually have it set at the # *****

As long as the freezer was cooling properly before, it needs to be set at 5 again. I wouldn't worry if your only concern is that it was turned up to #9. Just turn it back to were it was before and you shouldn't have any issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will be well, thanks for the advice.

I'm sure it will be ok. Have a great night.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to rate you but there is something wrong with the website and it won't let me click on the stat so for what its worth I gave you a # ***** rating, hope this helps, P,M, Fiedler

The rating system should work now if you would be kind enough to try it again.

Thank you.