Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Fridge not cooling

Customer Question

Fridge not cooling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

Can you tell me the make and complete model of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already entered it in my question.

Nothing came through on my end all I see is

"Fridge not cooling"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is what I typed in my question:

'Fridge not cooling

Optional Information:
Brand: LG
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: LRFC25750TT
What have you tried so far?: The fridge is not cooling. Freezer is working fine. About 6 months ago, the tenants told us that the fridge was making weird noises. The control panel inside the top of the fridge where we can see the temperature it says for Fridge: Er, & Freezer is FF Please let us know what the problem might be and how we can fix it. Thanks"

You don't see any of this? There must be a problem with the justanswer system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you see it now? I entered all the info again 40 minutes ago.

The info had just come through, the issue is there is a problem detected with the FREEZER FAN. Either the evaporator fan in the freezer is bad and not blowing air or possibly the main control board is not supplying power to the evaporator fan. You need to check the fan in the freezer to see if it is running at all or iced up and stopped, which happens often causing this whole issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up, if you can please help me with this issue.

Can you please let me know how I can check the fan? May I please ask what can cause the freezer fan to get iced up?

We need to get the fridge fixed tomorrow. Please let us know what all it could be, and what we need to do to detect it and what parts we might need if it is one of the case?

Could it also be that there is frost build up in the coils too?

Thanks

If the freezer fan stopped running or the unit was not defrosting the fan could stop due to build up of frost. You need to check the condition of the fan to see if that is the case. You need a volt meter for testing to see if you are getting 12 volts DC to the fan at the wiring to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am a complete novice at it. I dont really know how to use a ohm meter. Can you please explain where the fan is located and how do I access it? Also can you please tell me the part # ***** the fan? Could it be that the defrost cable has gone bad? What part # ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

EST

I am a complete novice at it. I dont really know how to use a ohm meter. Can you please also explain where the fan is located and how do I access it? Also can you please tell me the part # ***** the fan? Could it be that the defrost cable has gone bad? What part # ***** *****?

I have sent you 2 more messages. Maybe the system is bad, I haven't heard back from you. Can you please help? I was at the rental property today which is an house away from my house and needed help from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I was curious if you are able to read anything I am typing? I tried to contact you 3 times now and haven't heard a response.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan in the freezer will likely need to be replaced. It is available below and accessed by removing the rear cover from inside the freezer.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know how we access the fan motor. There is a lot of stuff in the freezer. It is a top fridge and bottom freezer model.

We defrosted the fridge too. Could it be that the defrost heater is bad too? If, so how do I access that?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Both the fan and the heater are mounted behind the rear wall, inside the freezer. It will require the entire freezer be dismantled to access them.