Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My frigidaire gallery front load washer wont lock. Would

Customer Question

My frigidaire gallery front load washer wont lock. Would greatly appreciate your insight. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the lock is the most common issue on these units. Make sure the striker is on the door. The striker is the part that goes into the lock. If the striker is in place, you need a new lock assembly. If you're handy, you can make the repair. The repair on average is roughly $200. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to reset the electronics? The loan worked this morning and now it's not. The striker is fine. It would seem to just need the lock to acknowledge the striker. Could a reset work...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said "loan" but I meant "lock"

The only reset on these machines is to unplug for 2-3 minutes. If that does not "Reset" the machine, then you need a new lock for sure. The lock fails on these machines all the time. It's by far the most common issue on these units. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you