Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Please tell me how to disable the sounds/alarms on my

Customer Question

Hello, please tell me how to disable the sounds/alarms on my Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer. There is no "cycle/sound" button to push and hold. It is model WFW72HEDWO.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

UNnortunately on your model it does not come with that option nor a way to program it to be silent. Whirlpool was not thinking this through and only offered it on the models above yours. It is just not a controlled option on your unit, sorry for the news please do not kill the messenger. Thanks and Happy Halloween!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks