Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Profile washing machine model WPDH8800JOMG. It

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile washing machine model WPDH8800JOMG. It is 6 1/2 yrs old. It will power up but will not continue on to tumble before pumping the water. It then just returns back to beginning waiting for me to start cycle again. I have done the tumble and spin diagnostic test only so far. The machine does not tumble or spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If the unit will not tumble nor spin in diagnostic mode you have like have a bad MCU board on the unit. Have you checked to make sure the belt in on still as the often fall off on the GE units. Let me know

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I use an ohm meter to check the MCU to be sure that is the problem? Is there just one to replace

Yes go to this link to test the MCU board and yes there is only one

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanksd