Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Maxima XL with steam Model # ME6000Ag0 Serial #

Customer Question

Maytag Maxima XL with steam Model # ***** Serial # ***** purchased and installed 10/2014. Power at wall registers 220 volts. Power at cord entering back of machine registers 110 volts both lines. No power on controls. Machines was working last night, dried a load of towels that were not completely dried. Tried to restart to finish drying and no power. What is my next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately there are only 2 things that can cause the dryer to act completely dead if you're certain the dryer is getting 220 volts from the house. No fuses will cut out the control panel. That means you either have a bad from display board, or a bad relay control board. Now the front display board is all low voltage. You can test power between the BLACK and YELLOW wires going to the front display board and you should have 5 volts DC. If not, then replace the main relay board above the drum against the side wall. If you do have 5 volts and the front display doesn't light up, you need to replace that entire front display control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?