Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

General Electric Side by Side TFX27EM seems to get "hung up"

Customer Question

General Electric Side by Side TFX27EM seems to get "hung up" in defrost cycle. Will not restart cooling except when I tap on panel containing thermostat after rotating defrost timer one click.
Have already replaced WR9X489 16 hr timer and WF 50XSS stat. ???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The problem is your thermostat if you tap on the panel and it starts to work again. I understand you replaced it, but it just came fault---nothing else will cause that situation. The problem is that you need part number WR9X512 for the thermostat and it's no longer made for your model. WR9X499 is the replacement which is also no longer made anymore but you can order it on Ebay in the link below.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?