John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GE double oven model #JGB870SET1SS The power went out today.

Customer Question

GE double oven model #JGB870SET1SS The power went out today. The lower oven no longer heats. The upper oven works. The burners work. The gas is on at the oven. The fan in the lower oven does not work. Why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The cavity thermal cut out may be bad for the lower oven, do you have a meter to check it?