Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The power went out today. The lower oven on model

Customer Question

the power went out today. The lower oven on model #JGB870SET1SS now fails to turn on. The display shows the low temp of 100 and does not warm
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried disconnecting power and then reapplying it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does turning off the circuit breaker work? if so, then yes
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

okay give me a minute please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have an place to check next?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the lower igniter has failed. When you turn the lower oven on, do you see a glow from under the oven floor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is not a glow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i test to the electrical to the igniter. I have a multimeter
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Access the lower bake igniter by removing the oven floor. There are two wires to the igniter. Place your meter leads to these wires, with the igniter connected, and turn the lower oven on. You should read 120 VAC, do you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is 120 vac, if replaced and it still fails to heat, what next?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it has voltage and is not glowing, you have successfully diagnosed the issue, well done!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!