Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My oven does not maintain the Bake heat I have set. It

Customer Question

My oven does not maintain the Bake heat I have set for it. It reaches the set temperature & then keeps droppping.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Does it ever come back on to heat if you just leave it set? How old is the range?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't answer my question. My stove is 2 years old - less 8 months when not used (away) - in other words fairly new, & this has been happening I guess from the beginning - took me awhile to figure out! No it doesn't come back up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I will havw to ask questions to get you an accurate answer, so please be patient as I gather the information I need to make a diagnosis. If it reaches the set temperature initially but then keeps dropping, the issue is likely with the electronic control and not the sensor. How are you measuring the temperature, with a dial type oven thermometer?