Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool duet front end load washer. I put 2

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet front end load washer. I put 2 blankets in it and it set off the breaker. I reset the breaker, pulled of the bottom of the washer, reached up and unlocked the door. Plugged the it back in and the machine just clicks the locks the door and nothing else happens. I also ran a diagnostic and the it just says 88 and nothing is wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag should be around the opening of the door, usually at the top.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry not at home, I all I have is the w10284544a number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need that and to move forward?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I think we can continue without the exact model for now. Is the clicking coming from the left front corner, near the dispenser tray, after the door locks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure it it does a buzz sound and then clicks as the door locks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay. That sounds like the main control or the door lock may be having issues, and could be why the breaker tripped. I would see if you can remove the top (three screws along back edge) and see if you can determine exactly where the buzzing noise is coming from. That will be key to getting to the bottom of this issue,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will not be home for about 4 hours. I will email you back then
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That will be just fine, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so it only makes a noise at the door lock. Nowhere else, and it doesn't seem to be trying to do anything else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. If the lock is making noise only, I believe the lock assembly is faulty and will need to be replaced. Were you able to get a model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was its Wfw9250ww01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replacing that piece will fix the washer? That is what's keep the washer from working?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the door lock is buzzing continuously, I do believe it will need to be replaced, yes. There are several switches that have to be closed before the control will allow a cycle to continue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE