Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung dishwasher works if I press power On button

Customer Question

Hey. My Samsung dishwasher works if I press power On button within about 4 seconds of flipping the breaker. After about 4 seconds it goes back to unresponsive. Any idea what's happening? How do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do any lights or anything flash on it? Also what is the complete model?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>>>Do any lights or anything flash on it? Also what is the complete model?
It works fine if powered on within 3-4 seconds of the circuit breaker being cycled. Otherwise no lights turn on, power button is dead.
>>>Also what is the complete model?
I think the model number is ***** DMT800RHS. Or is that just the "series"?

Normally when that happens you have a bad main control board, that powers the interface board and if there is an issue that will happen. It is located behind the lower kick panel on the front of the unit.

Here is a link to the part for you to order

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for sending a link to the part you believe is malfunctioning. There is a advisory that this part can be mistaken for the cause. Can you advise how I can know for sure? And if so is the control reasonably easy to swap - given I'm a fairly handy kinda guy? Or would swapping involve saudering and special tools to disassemble/reassemble?