John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a viking refrigerator/freezer (pro model) that is not

Customer Question

I have a viking refrigerator/freezer (pro model) that is not staying cool enough. The interior lights are on and the cooling fans appear to be working fine. I cleaned and inspected the gaskets which all seem to be fine. The interior of both units cannot rise above 55 degrees?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I am here to help answer your question. Open the freezer drawer and look at the rear panel. Is there frost built up on the rear panel of the freezer? If there is this is a defrost issue. Is there warm air coming out of the top of the louvers above the refrigerator door? The compressor is on the top of this model. Do you hear the compressor motor running? Please let me know so I can correctly start diagnosing this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex:
I let the unit warm up overnight and cleaned everything from the interior to the gaskets. The gaskets all appear to be fine and the interior fans are working fine. There is also air being drawn into the left side of the top intake and exhaust coming out of the right side top. The air coming out of the freezer fan is only ~55 degrees. I am not sure how to check if the compressor is working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind...can I just cancel this. I am not interested in waiting around. Please do not charge my CC