Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Dacor gliderack stuck. tting with hammer didn't work. Can I

Customer Question

Dacor gliderack stuck. Hitting with hammer didn't work. Can I take it apart?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Which part are you talking about, the oven rack? I am not seeing a glide rack on your model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GlideRack came with the oven. Dacor Model #MCS130S. GlideRack is trademarked by Dacor. The extension arm is frozen halfway and I can't remove the rack from the oven to replace it. I messed it up by self cleaning oven with the rack in. Now the ball bearings in the glider arms are messed up.

OH YEAH get some of the NEW WD-40 WITH BLUE TORCH TECHNOLOGY to spray on them and let it sit that will free them up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But you can use that in an oven--potentially poisonous?

If you just spray it on the rack glide to get it free then wipe it off really good and run it through a long 450 cycle it should be fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be any kind of WD40 or does it have to be this special kind?

This one exactly must be this one

CLICK HERE

Any hardware store will have it

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks