Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a drop in or slide in range, 't know which. I put the

Customer Question

I have a drop in or slide in range, don't know which. I put the self cleaning on today for 2 hours, but may have touched the lever after the cycle but before the cool down time. Anyway, the fan will not stop.And I did see "F 1" in the display.
How do I stop the fan and regain control of my appliance? Oh, I tried to put the oven on at 350 degrees, but no go.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model number will have 10 or 11 numbers in it. Can you please double check that model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the Owner's Manual - my range is over 12 years old - the drop in range numbers are from 629-45775 to 629-65779, while the slide in ranges are 629-46795 to 629-45799. I'm not sure which is my number.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is this a Canadian model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I tell?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I found it, thank you. Sorry for the confusion.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, the issue you are having is with the oven control or the touch pad. I will need the exact model number from the range itself to get you accurate parts information. You can try to reset it by turning the breaker off for at least 5 minutes. If it does not reset, the oven control will likely need to be replaced. Can you see if you can find the exact model number on the range?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I think we've gone about as far as we can go on this tonight. Don't know where the model number is. Have switched off the power for the range. So, good night to you. Am I being charged an additional amount of $23.00? I would not be happy with that.