Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to change side by side built-in refrigerator door gasket

Customer Question

how to change side by side built-in refrigerator door gasket model kssp42qms03
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This appears to be just a friction push-in gasket. You should just need to grab the gasket and pull directly away from the door toward you and pull the gasket out. Then on the new gasket, try to heat it up with a hair dryer first to make it more flexible and remove the wrinkles. Then rub some Vaseline on the back of the gasket where its going to push into the channel on the inner door liner. Start in one corner and work your way around. Use a hair dryer to heat up any parts that are wavy or not sealing up to the frame of the refrigerator when you close the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.