Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

At first it was not making ice, now it's making ice but not

Customer Question

At first it was not making ice, now it's making ice but not despening it when I hold the bottom for ice or water, nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

so when you are not getting water or ice out of the dispenser when you press the dispenser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not getting water nor am I getting ice

There are several things that could be going on here we will just have to narrow them down if you would like to try troubleshooting this problem on your own. You will need a ohm/voltage meter most likely.

1. water valve is not allowing water in the unit.

2. the module dispenser is faulty and not telling the board the button has been pressed.

3. the board is bad

4. the water filter is old and dirty and not allowing water through.

to start can you check the ice maker itself and see if there is water/ice in the unit.

in the meantime:

please remember we are on the honor system here, please rate my service by selecting a star

at the top of the screen as it is the only way I get credit for helping you. You can

continue asking follow-up questions at any time after rating my service. Thank You.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.