Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

ELECTROLUX FRONT LOAD WASHER DOOR WON'T CLOSE

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question. Please give me a minute to look up your model. Thanks.

The door itself will not close or the door lock is not locking when the door is closed on the washer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE DOOR WONT CLOSE

try picking up on the door just a little and then trying to close it see if that works if so its the door hinge.

also examine the washer door strike, the part on the door that goes into the door lock does it look damaged or bent possibly?

since you have already replaced the door lock, those are about the only two components that could be causing the door not to close properly. Most likely the door hinge is wore out and is sagging so by picking up on it , it will raise the door enough to close. This is common.

If it closed after lifting up on it, I will get the part and part numbers on the hinge. In the meantime:

please remember we are on the honor system here, please rate my service by selecting a star

at the top of the screen as it is the only way I get credit for helping you. You can

continue asking follow-up questions at any time after rating my service. Thank You.

Frigidaire OEM Part #134937300 - door strike

Frigidaire OEM Part #137107500 - door hinge

Here are the two part numbers and links to order the parts a repair clinic in case you need them.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.