John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We purchased a Dometic fridge-freezer in 2010 caravan we

Customer Question

We purchased a Dometic fridge-freezer in 2010 for a caravan we were renovating. Due to circumstances the fridge wasn't installed until 2011. The caravan has not been used to any great extent - perhaps 200 days total, meaning the fridge was used for that number of days. In January of this year we noticed that the fridge temperature was quite warm while the freezer part still worked efficiently. Since then we have taken the advice of the vendor who directed us to a local refrigerating firm who told us to turn the whole unit upside down for a while and that should fix it. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it. We realise that the fridge is well outside the warranty but would have expected to get more than 200 days use from a unit worth $2500. It is still in new condition having been well looked after. We don't seem to be able to get sensible advice on how to fix the problem. Before breaking down the fridge temperature was excellent and worked well. We have also talked to management at Dometic New Zealand but no-one seems to be able to help us.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.