Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Jenn-Air JDS9865. We converted the right side

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-Air JDS9865. We converted the right side burners to LP. They work ok. However, when we installed the burner cartridge for the left side, the flame is almost all yellow. Cannot find a LP orifice for the the left side. Is there such a thing? If there is where can I get it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So to convert this cooktop, you don't need to replace the orifice. all you need to do is remove the burner cartridge or grill cartridge and locate the brass orifice coming from the control panel which the gas lines coming from the cartridge slide over. Just tighten these orifices down further, as tight as they will go. That is how you convert this cooktop. 1/4 turn can be the difference between LP and NG conversion so keep tightening until the flame is the correct size.

Once the flame is the correct side, you just adjust the shutters on the end of the gas lines coming from the cartridge to adjust the amount of yellow or oxygen going into the burner.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.