Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have refrigerator, the water dispenser has been

Customer Question

We have refrigerator, the water dispenser has been constantly dripping for a day but today almost stopped dripping but will not dispense any water. Few days ago I changed water filter, but forgot to press the water filter reset button till the next day. Would this cause the dripping, and if so how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the water reset button wouldn't affect anything other than removing the light to tell you that the filter needs to be replaced. If the dispenser is dripping constantly and never stops, remove the filter and install the old filter to see if that corrects the issue. If not, then your electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator has a failed solenoid and the valve will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.