Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker, Model #JVM366OCD 001, Serial

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker, Model #JVM366OCD 001, Serial #9563095.
The Touch Control Panel displays "Control Locked" after beeping or squealing.
I have pushed "Clear/Off" as the manual suggests, but even though the display switches to "Control Unlocked," it is only temporary.
It won't stay "Unlocked," and continues to beep and squeal. What to do??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the microwave is going back to control lock on it's own after you press and hold the clear/off button, then your display control board is just acting up. Try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset if you haven't tried that yet. If that doesn't work, your entire display board would need to be ordered and replaced because the logic in the board is failing I'm sorry to say. The display board is part number WB27X10438 which is no longer made unfortunately. You may be able to get the board refurbished at a place like Appliancetimers.com, but other than that Searspartsdirect.com refurbishes the boards but they only sell them to you if they have a technician come out and install it for you. It may be time for a new microwave but that's completely up to you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.