Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My refrigerator and freezer 't get cold anymore

Customer Question

My refrigerator and freezer don't get cold anymore
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you pull the unit out and remove the back panel and see if the compressor and fan next to it are running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan I just replaced is working fine and it sounds like the compressor is on too

OK if nothing is cooling are the fans running in the unit, if so you may have a freon issue on the unit, you should really confirm the compressor is actually running and vibrating though. IF it is and nothing is cooling and the fans are running you have a serious issue, where something is wrong with the sealed system itself. This could be a leak, a compressor issue or blockage in the system.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's it no test to try or anything?

Well before you do anything you have to verify 100% the compressor is even running, there is no point and doing anything else until that is confirmed. Once you have confirmed that get back to me...it is important as we will just waste both our time otherwise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the compressor look like and where is it located I gave you the model number can you give me a diagram from Samsung and point out the compressor to me?

PART #32

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can put my hand on that and can feel it moving.

OK if that is running then it should be cooling, is the smaller copper line out of it warm at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check that when I get home

ok sounds good