Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Pfss6pkwbss PROBLEM: My ice maker works but is very slow.

Customer Question

pfss6pkwbss
PROBLEM: My ice maker works but is very slow.
Also , the change filter light won't go off. Been through two new filters. Water pressure out of front of fridge is very good.
Ideas?????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you reset the filter by holding the button down for 3-5 seconds for the filter light to reset, that is the ICE/WATER button. Also if the unit is making ice slow and the ice cubes are normal size and the temps are 0 degrees in the freezer...it was very common for that icemakers harvest sensor to go bad and then it just makes ice very slow. Often you just need to replace the icemaker on that unit when that happens. Here is a link to the icemaker

CLICK HERE

xWe are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks