Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag centennial top loader......took it outside to remove

Customer Question

Maytag centennial top loader......took it outside to remove mildew build up on top of tumbler. Pressure washed inside and ran a cycle with a waterhose. Worked perfect. Returned inside in laundry room. Will only operate on spin setting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, make sure you have water going to the washer. If so and the unit only operates on the spin cycle, this is a common failure with this model and it means that your temperature pressure sensor switch isn't working properly. It's the only part inside the control panel with a small rubber hose connected to it. I'm not sure if it got wet or if it just happened to fail from jostling the washer around when moving it, but this part fails very often. Below is a link to the switch you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.